Hamilton’s Tented Camp (Winter Special)
Set within a 10 000 hectare private concession this is truly the “Gem of Kruger”. Hamilton’s Tented Camp was named after Colonel Stephenson Hamilton, who was instrumental in establishing the world famous Kruger National Park.
About the Camp
Hamilton's Tented Camp epitomises luxury with an outstanding safari experience. Magnificent tented suites complete with teak floorboards, dreamy mosquito nets, slipper baths, outdoor showers and a superb view of the complete seasonal river, linked to the main lodge area by raised timber walkways amongst ancient Jackalberry trees.
Uncompromising elegance and breathtaking beauty identifies Hamilton's tented Camp. Activities include Nomadic African Spa treatments and open vehicle safaris, where, guests will enjoy some of Kruger’s most spectacular landscapes and an extraordinary variety of wildlife, birdlife and plant life. A fine tradition of luxury in true ‘Out of Africa’ style.
All 6 spacious elevated luxury tents are decorated in true "Out of Africa" style with antique styled hip baths, outside showers and flowing mosquito nets. In addition, all have private wooden decks with views onto the river bed and Savannah grasslands beyond. Each tent is fitted with a radio, hairdryer, ceiling fan, air-conditioner, and personal safe.
All tents overlook the N’waswitsontso River. From your own private deck, you can enjoy the sights and sounds of the bush that derives its existence from the river.
Traditional fittings and features such as old brass light switches, steamer trunks with vintage labels revealing exciting journeys and sepia-stained photographs enhance the tradition and style of this ‘turn-of-the-century’ luxury safari tent; modern comforts such as electricity, air conditioning, and an outdoor shower the only clues that we live in a different time.
The décor is light and neutral; teak furniture and floors, gilded mirrors and crisp white linens deliver a classy luxury tent experience enhanced by the panoramic bush and river views that begin at the edge of the deck.
- Accommodation in Tented Suite
- 3 meals per day
- Selected alcoholic beverages available between 12:00 and 22:00
- 2 game drives daily
- Premium brand beverages
- Gate entrance fees: R 121 per person, per stay, which are payable upon entrance to Kruger National Park. Subject to change.
- Curio-shop purchases
- Telephone calls
- Valid for travel from 01 April until 31 August 2022
Minimum 2-night stay applicable for stays over Friday and Saturday nights
Minimum 3-night stay applicable 15,16 and 17 April, 29 & 30 Apr and 01 May, 16, 17 and 18 June 2022
50% deposit to confirm booking, balance due 30 days prior to arrival
Please note there is no cellphone reception at the lodge
Possibility to book the sole use of the lodge
WHY WE LIKE IT
- A private concession within the Kruger National Park comprising three lodges, Mluwati Concession was born out of a spirit of ensuring the future sustainability of the national park.
- Dine as you would have in the 1900s. Hamilton’s Tented Camp ensures, whatever the occasion, meals are a classy affair. From fine crystal wine glasses to pewter silver water jugs, revel in the dining traditions of old in spectacular bushveld surroundings.
- Accompanied by your private guide, on-board the powerful open 4×4 Land Cruiser vehicle, you will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore the one hundred square kilometres private concession area within the Kruger National Park. Experience the inimitable thrills of off-roading inside the National Park in pursuit of the legendary “Big Seven” species that call our concession home.
- Enjoy a relaxing and soothing massage with blended aromatherapy oils of ylang-ylang, cedarwood and vanilla to soothe your soul while overlooking the African bush from the comfort of your deck!
Kruger National Park, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Children from 12 years old are welcome at the lodge