Jaci’s Tree Lodge
Nestled in the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve, Jaci’s Tree Lodge is perched high up in the forest canopy, built on the edge of the Marico River. The lodge offers a unique safari experience, catering to guests looking to reconnect with nature.
From R9 400 pp/night
About the Lodge
At Jaci’s Tree Lodge, guests are accommodated in custom-built treehouses that seem to float high above the ground.
Each of the 8 Tree Houses are constructed amongst the Riverine forest on stilts, up to 6 meters above the ground. In these spacious rooms - built utilizing a combination of rosewood, thatch and stacking doors - the forest surrounds are invited in, to compliment your stay. An open plan, en-suite bathroom with an enormous stone bath and outdoor "Jungle Shower" allow you to enjoy your forest surrounds.
The submerged Terrapin Hide is a favourite of amateur snappers and photographic professionals alike. The new Tlou Deck is the best sundowner spot at the lodge, epitomizing all the “golden hour” beauty that Madikwe is famous for.
- Accommodation in Luxury treehouse
- Light Lunch, Dinner and Brunch
- Local and specialised teas as well as filter coffee
- Fireside, starlight dining as often as possible
- Twice daily game drives, including sunset / sunrise stop and night drive with astronomy
- Access to the submerged “Terrapin” photographic hide and Tlou Deck
- All drinks
- Madikwe Gate Fees of R180 per person, per stay (will be added to the invoice and prepaid with accommodation)
- Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R165 per person, per night (will be added to the invoice and prepaid with accommodation)
- For guests flying in, gate fees R240 per adult per stay (subject to change)
- Gratuities, Curio Shop Purchases
- Masala Spa Treatments
- Travel until 30 June 2021
- Midweek special offer valid for stays from Sunday to Thursday
- Minimum 2-night stay
- Excludes Long Weekends & Public Holidays
- For weekend and public holiday bookings, special rate of R3,295 per person, per night
- Not applicable at Jaci’s Lodges Nare and Safari Suites
WHY WE LIKE IT
- The Madikwe Game Reserve, 75 000 hectares of unique topography and breath-taking beauty, is home to the big 5, wild dog, cheetah and a large variety vegetation and ecozones which allows for a rich diversity of game and bird species.
- With easy access via car or aeroplane, Jaci’s Tree Lodge is a mere 3½-hour drive or an hour’s flight from Johannesburg.
- Enjoy a magnificent accommodation experience with views into the surrounding riverine forest as well as glimpses across the Marico River.
Madikwe Private Game Reserve, North West Province, South Africa
Children from 13 years old are welcome