Kosi Forest Lodge
Special rate for stays between 01 May 2021 and 30 June 2021 only. See the Validity section below for rates during other periods.
The perfect Beach Escape to a private eco-lodge situated in one of the few truly unspoilt places left in the world, surrounding the Isimangaliso Wetland Park, now internationally recognised as a World Heritage Site.
R2 700 pp/night
About the Lodge
The lodge facilities are designed to enhance your experience of the exquisite wilderness. To help you make the most of the natural surroundings throughout your stay, the common and private facilities at the lodge are focused on getting you to observe and explore nature as you go about your day. The tent-style thatched forest rooms nestled under wide milkwood trees, with thoughtful attention to blending into this pristine indigenous sand forest environment.
Flame lamps will guide you along a soft, sandy path to cosy forest rooms, where you’ll encounter a unique ‘glamping’ experience. Bathing under open African skies, by soft, flickering lighting from paraffin lamps, is one for the bucket list. Screened simply by reed walls, the outdoor bathrooms at Kosi Forest Lodge are set in a sand forest under ancient milkwood trees.
Relax in secluded forest rooms, take an outdoor bath under the forest canopy, laze at the pool with a cool drink in hand while hippos frolic in the lake, float along the unspoilt channels of the Kosi Lakes or explore the waterways by boat.
- Accommodation in a Forest Room
- Full Breakfast
- Guided canoe trip
- Guided walk in Raffia Forest
- All beverages and gratuities
- 4×4 transfers (if you do not have your own): R70 per person
- Park fees: R55 per adult, R28 per child, per stay – Until April 2021
- Park fees: R70 per adult, R35 per child, per stay – From May 2021
- Isibindi Foundation Levy: R80 per person, per night. Children up to 3 years do not pay this levy.
- Park fee for own 4×4 vehicle: R80 per stay
- Manguzi pick-up point to lodge: R70 per person (12:00 and 16:00 – 30 min.)
- Turtle tracking drives (15 November – 15 January)
- Kosi Bay Mouth excursion
- Boat trips on the lake
- Travel until 30 June 2021
- Published rate is valid from 01 May 2021 until 30 June 2021
- For other periods, the rate per person, per night, is R2 019
- Excludes 15 December 2020 to 15 January 2021 and Easter long weekend (02 – 05 April 2021)
- Minimum 2-night stay
- A 4×4 vehicle is mandatory to get to the lodge. 4×4 transfers are available from the Manguzi pick-up point at 12:00 or 16:00 at an extra cost
- The Kosi River Mouth, where you will be able to enjoy the beach, is located an hour’s 4×4 drive from the lodge. Transfers are available at an additional cost
WHY WE LIKE IT
- An awesome place to revitalise your mind, body and soul situated within the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, South Africa’s first World Heritage Site
- Beautiful and unspoilt surroundings, remote raffia palm forest, bountiful birdlife, fascinating turtle tracking in season
- Relax in secluded forest rooms, take an outdoor bath under the forest canopy, laze at the pool with a cool drink in hand while hippos frolic in the lake, float along the unspoilt channels of the Kosi Lakes or explore the waterways by boat
- Guests can look forward to a luxurious bath like no other amid the fragrance of the forest
iSimangaliso Wetland Park, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
Kids of all ages welcome