Lion Sands Narina Lodge
Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve is one of those very special places in the world and if one of the best South African safari destinations for wildlife enthusiasts, photographers and bird watchers alike.
From R19 550 pp/night
About the Lodge
We are always surprised at how a visit to Lion Sands can completely restore our energy and allow us to truly relax. When you’re right on the Sabie River, watching the animals, surrounded by bush and sky, you really feel like you’ve escaped from the world. With 5 000ha of wilderness in this private concession within the world-renowned Kruger National Park, you can go exploring off-road, follow in the footsteps of a leopard, track down a herd of elephant, or simply wait for them to come to you.
Lion Sands' Narina Lodge has a wonderful sense of remoteness and peace. Its nine luxury Suites perch on stilts among 100-year-old trees just up from the Sabie River, and link to a spa sala and intimate lodge via elevated walkways. This shared space is enhanced by natural décor and open design, extending out to generously furnished decks. From here there are views of animals feeding on the opposite bank, and you can engage in the social chatter this inevitably stirs or meditate on the rustle of the leaves.
The Suites are built to afford complete privacy in a wilderness where you can watch the animals come down to the river from your pool and deck, as well as bed and bath. Glass sliding doors and windows open up your sanctuary to the outside, while a romantic canopy bed, sink-into-me couches, an egg bath you can wallow in up to your chin, and a personal bar all add to the delight of being in Africa – in style.
- Accommodation in Tinga Suite
- Full Breakfast
- Teas / coffees
- Game drive refreshments and snacks
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger
- Specified inclusive safari activities
- Skukuza Airport transfers
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- All flights and transfers (other than Skukuza Airport)
Park fees: R 105 per adult, R52 per child, per stay (to be paid at the gate, cash only)
- Conservation fees: R152 per person, per day
- Recovery & Rebuilding Levy: R115 per person per night (excludes children under 6 years of age)
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatment
- Valid for travel until 19 December 2021
- Advertised rate applicable for midweek stays (Thursday to Sunday) only
- For weekend stays, special rate of R7,475 per person, per night
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm the booking, balance due 15 days before travel
WHY WE LIKE IT
- Narina Lodge has an air of relaxation, enhanced by natural décor and an open design extending out to generously furnished decks from where you can enjoy panoramic views of the Sabie River.
- The lodge’s luxury Suites are built to afford complete privacy in a wilderness where you can watch the animals come down to the water from your pool and deck, as well as bed and bath.
- Adding to your sense of escape, spa treatments are offered in the open-air bush sala
Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Children from 11 years old are welcome at the lodge