Madikwe Safari Lodge Lelapa Lodge
Be amazed by the fascinating Madikwe Game Reserve’s wildlife, a special and malaria-free place to explore. Everything about the 76 000Ha Madikwe Game Reserve is vast – its scenery, its wildlife, its skies… The rich and undulating landscape is punctuated by enormous volcanic intrusions (inselbergs) and this unique topography reveals an astonishing array of wildlife.
About the Lodge
Madikwe’s wooded hills give way to savannah and Kalahari plains, roamed by all of the Big Five and countless other mammals. Look up and you will see hundreds of resident and migrant birds gracing its skies. Coupled with the reserve being malaria-free, this all makes for a special place to explore.
While the luxury of Madikwe Safari Lodge lies in the calibre of the safari experience, it's also the pleasure of coming back to the Lodge's thoughtful comforts, warm hospitality and excellent cuisine.
Lelapa literally means ‘family’, and this is exactly how we want you to feel - there is no restriction in terms of age or generation. Many of us have kids of our own, so we know and understand what an unforgettable experience it is for children to be in the bush. We have taken a lot of time to design a kids’ menu of activities, which will keep juniors entertained, and parents relaxed. The recent addition of a communal pool will no doubt provide hours of enjoyment and simple relaxation, best spent in the company of family and new-found friends.
Each of the 12 Suites is spacious, comfortable and ever respectful of the natural environment beyond. Indoor and outdoor showers, private plunge pool and wood-burning fireplace are just some of the added creature comforts to enhance Mother Nature’s subtle signature.
Each Suite is approximately 100 m2/1080 ft2, and has a double bed (convertible to twins), air-conditioning, ceiling fan, bathroom en-suite, safe, mini bar, direct-dial telephone, hairdryer and a range of deluxe amenities.
Two rooms are Family Suites, and have a second bedroom with children’s bunk beds, and sleeper couch.
- All meals
- Game drive refreshments & snacks
- Transfers to and from the Eastern Madikwe airstrip
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- 15% VAT
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger
- All flights and transfers not specified
- Gate Fees: R180 per adult, per stay and R80 per child per, stay.
- For guests flying in, the gate fees are R240 per adult, per stay and R150 per child per stay. Subject to change and to be settled at the lodge directly.
- Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R165 per adult, per night and R82.50 per child, per night.
- Recovery and Rebuilding Levy R115 per person, per night (from 6 years old). Subject to change and to be settled at the lodge directly.
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatment
Valid for travel until 30 April 2021
Midweek special valid for stays from Sunday to Thursday
From 01 May 2021 and for other days, special rate applicable of R4 295 per person, per night
- 50% non-refundable deposit to secure your booking.
- Balance due 15 days prior to travel
WHY DO WE LIKE IT
- The luxurious stay at three lodges at Madikwe Safari Lodge is sensational, with amazing staff.
- Lelapa (‘family’ in Setswana) is the kind of place that brings people together and welcomes you to settle in.
- he open-plan main lodge invites meeting up; the Mack & Madi Kids’ Adventure Safari Club is non-stop fun with new friends; and with 12 spacious Suites, including four Family Suites, sociable couples and families alike will find themselves completely at home.
- Madikwe is a spectacular malaria-free game reserve which offers fantastic game viewing.
Madikwe Game Reserve, North West Province, South Africa
Kids of all ages are welcome at Lelapa