Close enough to Gauteng, only a couple of hours’ drive, the luxurious haven that is Safari Plains will draw everyone who has experienced it to return again and again.
About the Lodge
Set against the backdrop of the magnificent Waterberg Mountains in the Limpopo Province, Safari Plains proudly welcomes guests from December 2018. The exquisite beauty of wide-open savannas with its rich wildlife heritage and spectacular vistas are a melting pot for a majestic wilderness destination.
Safari Plains redefines luxury in the bush from the impressive high-ceilinged dining room and elegant lounge to the impressive bar and relaxing spa. Enter our bush-veld connoisseur, romantic at heart and families alike.
Safari Plains combines the elements of a great safari with the magic of great hospitality. Creating a luxurious setting with a sophisticated ambience. Like little jewels placed along winding sand pathways, each of the gorgeous tented suites commands a private space within the natural indigenous bush-veld. These safari-style tents offer great comfort and a luxurious ambience with private timber wrap-around decks. A romantic swing or authentic safari seating offers a great space to sit outdoors and enjoy the views over the waterhole. The six luxury tents offer a slightly larger main area and come complete with a private sala which is perfect for whiling away a lazy afternoon.
All tented suites are perfectly appointed with sunken baths, separate showers and toilets. The hospitality armoire offers a fully stocked mini bar fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Air conditioning throughout ensures guests can enjoy year-round temperature-controlled tented accommodation. Proudly family-friendly, the family-style safari and Luxury tents consist of a second bedroom with two twin beds.
The wildlife experience will not disappoint with our open 4 x 4 vehicle safaris exploring the one hundred and twenty square kilometres big five private game reserve. A wide array of activities is available such as hot air balloon safaris, horseback safaris, quad biking adventures and guided bush walks among others.
- Accommodation in Standard Tent
- Full Breakfast
- Selected beverages
- Two game drives daily
- Laundry services
- Personal expenses
- Extra activity
- Conservation Fee of R270 per vehicle per stay
- Travel until 30 April 2021
- From 1 May 2021, rate per person is R2 840
- Minimum 2 nights’ stay on Friday and Saturday nights
- The selected beverages included are available between 12h00 and 22h00
- Higher room categories available, please contact us
WHY DO WE LIKE IT
- Beautiful malaria-free game reserve located just two-and-a-half hours drive from Johannesburg.
- The lodge offers a great variety of besides game drives: bush walks, quad biking, horse riding…
- A kids program is available to keep the little ones entertained for hours.
- If you want to indulge yourself, the lodge can organise for you an unbelievable hot air balloon safari
Waterberg, Limpopo, South Africa
Kids of all ages are welcome