Thakadu River Lodge
Set along the banks of the Marico River, aha Thakadu River Camp provides luxurious tented accommodation and a stylish, comfortable base from which to explore the splendid game viewing that only Madikwe Game Reserve, close to the Botswana border, can provide.
From R5 380 pp/night
About the Lodge
The Camp is set within this riverine canopy and comprises 12 tented suites, each with their own viewing deck overlooking the Marico River.
The tents are large and spacious and are wonderfully decorated and appointed. Each tent has a sliding door that opens onto a private deck overlooking the river.
The main camp comprises an open plan lounge, dining and reception area, with the pool and bar area offering views of the gully and river to the north. A traditional lapa falls within a glade of natural riverine forest.
Thakadu’s decor has a strong Afro Asian Safari ambience to it, with use of natural stone, fibres, cloth and carpets as well as metal and wood featuring prominently throughout the camp. The influence of the river is very apparent, with the trees, birds and water providing a peaceful and tranquil mood within the camp.
- Accommodation in Tented Suite
- Full Breakfast
- Two game drive daily
- All beverages
- Gate Fees of R180 per adult per stay and R80 per child (3 – 9 years) per stay (subject to change)
- For guests flying in, the gate fees are R240 per adult per stay and R150 per child (3 – 9 years) per stay
- Madikwe Guest Conservation Contribution Fee of R165 per adult per day and R82.50 per child (2 – 12 years) per day (subject to change)
Bed levy of R10 per person, per day
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities
- Until 31 March 2021
- Applicable from Sunday to Thursday nights
- For other days and from 01 May 2021, applicable rate of R2,635 per person, per night
- Family suites available, please contact us
Not applicable over long weekends: 19 – 22 March, 02 – 05 April and 23 – 27 April 2021, contact us for more information
WHY WE LIKE IT
- Madikwe is a malaria-free reserve home to a tremendous diversity of fauna and flora, including both the black and white rhino, buffalo, elephant, lion, leopard, cheetah and wild dog.
- Besides enjoying all the comforts of modern living in the heart of the untamed bushveld, the highly skilled rangers share their extended knowledge with guests, so they may gain an in-depth understanding of the area to add to their already exciting getaway experience.
Madikwe Private Game Reserve, North West Province, South Africa
Kids of all ages welcome
Children under the age of 6 years will not be permitted on game drives; babysitting services available at an extra cost, please contact us