Marataba Safari Lodge
Experience the magnificence of Marataba’s breath-taking mountains, vast plains, rich animal diversity and winding rivers.
About the Lodge
Marataba, a 21 000-hectare (52 000-acre), privately managed section of the Marakele National Park, is uniquely situated where lush bushveld gives way to the Kalahari sands, in South Africa’s Limpopo Province.
Glamping in one of Safari Lodge’s 15 luxury Tented Suites brings you closer to nature, without trading comfort for the experience. You might spot a passing elephant or giraffe right from your deck!
The lodge is a simple extension of the natural environment beyond its walls – natural, rich, and bold. If you sit quietly for long enough, you can feel the energy of the countless people who have made this place home for aeons. WhileSafari Lodge’s stone and canvas Suites may look ‘down to earth’, they are anything but basic, with all the modern features included.
The 11 two-sleeper Tented Suites are contemporary chic, but still manage to capture the essence of classic 'out of Africa'. Each features a king-sized bed, fully-stocked minibar, freestanding bath, en-suite and outdoor showers, along with a shaded deck raised on stilts to make the most of the bush views.
Each of the four Family Tented Suites gives children their own en-suite bedroom. It’s just like home (only better!) with a bunkbed, ample toys and games, fun bath-time amenities, robes and slippers, and a spacious shower. There’s plenty of room for everyone, and the separate, en-suite main bedroom gives parents more of their own space to feel right at home as well.
- Accommodation in Tented Suite
- Full Breakfast
- Teas / coffees
- Game drive refreshments and snacks
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Two game drives daily with FGASA qualified ranger
- Trails Experience – specialised Walking Safari
- All flights and transfers not specified
- Telephone calls
- Curio shop purchases
- Spa treatments
- Park fees: R330 per adult per stay / R165 per child per stay
- Guest conservation contribution levy: R140 per person per stay
- Recovery & Rebuilding Levy – R115 per person per night (excludes children under 6 years of age)
- Landing fees (if applicable) – R154 per person per stay
- Mid-Week Special (Sunday to Thursday) – bookable within 30 days of travel
- Valid for travel until 19 December 2022
- Weekend rate (Friday and Saturday) is R 4940 per person per night – bookable within 30 days of travel
- Minimum two-night stay
- 50% non-refundable deposit to secure your booking
- Balance due 30 days prior to travel
WHY WE LIKE IT
- The stunning and unique red Marataba mountains, vast plains, rich animal diversity, and winding rivers give another dimension to your safari experience.
- The Miss Mara water safari with sundowner is a must you cannot miss!
- Marataba Malaria-free Reserve offers families a safari of pure discovery and non-stop fun for the kids. The lodge has all bases covered to allow youngsters, fizzing with curiosity at discovering a new place, to play, explore and just be kids.
Marakele National Park, Limpopo Province, South Africa
No – In-suite spa therapies and yoga mats are on offer
Kids of all ages are welcome.
Kids of 3 to 5 enjoy family bush bumbles near the lodge, while those 6 and older can join parents on a twice-daily game drives.