Azura Benguerra Island
Enjoy an amazing 5 nights’ stay at the beautiful Azura, situated on the pristine Benguerra Island in the Bazaruto Archipelago of Mozambique.
5-night package for R38 900 pp
ABOUT THE RESORT
Imagine an unspoilt island within a Marine National Park, deserted beaches of pure white sand that extend for miles, sparkling turquoise seas crisscrossed by local dhows plying their trade, sunny days and star-studded nights. This is the enchanting island escape you always imagined. Azura Benguerra, the first eco-friendly resort in Mozambique, was hand-built by the local community and is operated in partnership with it.
Just 20 villas are nestled along one of the last undiscovered stretches of beach in the world, with all the creature comforts you could wish for, sparkling private pools, Mozambican butler-hosts to look after your every need, fish and seafood fresh from the ocean, a fantastic range of activities and experiences, an African spa to relax in, all at a community based project where the local islanders benefit as much as you. Azura Benguerra Island is paradise found.
- Accommodation in an Infinity Beach Villa.
- Return helicopter transfers from Vilanculos Airport.
- All meals, including main beach dinners, local beers, spirits, selection of house wines, soft drinks, tea & coffee and waters.
- Sunset cocktail of the day served at Sala.
- Use of Peri Peri Beach Club.
- Weekly speciality gin bar.
- A Land Rover island drive.
- A sunset dhow cruise.
- Try a Scuba session in pool.
- Use of snorkelling equipment.
- Use of kayaks and paddleboards.
FREE PCR TEST & A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE ON US TO CONSOLE YOU!
- Premium spirits, wines and champagnes.
- Guided/Specialist activities, day trips, deep sea fishing, boat hire.
- Reef snorkelling, island hopping, scuba diving and scuba courses.
- Spa treatments, laundry, personal gifts and staff gratuities.
- Bazaruto National Park levy (approx. US$15 per person per stay currently, charged locally).
- Visas if required.
- Airlink flights from R6 200 pp return from Johannesburg to Vilanculos.
- Travel until 14 December 2022.
- Block out dates:
- 11 – 18 April 2022
- 20 December 2022 – 06 January 2023
- Valid for 5-night stay only, for two persons in a villa.
- Accommodation subject to availability of villa type specified on chosen travel dates.
WHY WE LIKE IT
- Imagine an unspoilt island within a National Park, deserted beaches of pure white sand, sparkling turquoise seas crisscrossed by local dhows plying their trade, swaying palms, sunny days and starry nights… and you have Azura Benguerra.
- Luxury accommodation catered for everybody, including honeymooners and families
- Azura Benguerra was built entirely by hand by the local community and is operated in partnership with them, it has just 20 villas each with a Private Mozambican host service for the duration of the guests stay.
- Experience magnificent reefs for diving and snorkelling, and turtles that nest on the island’s outer shores.
- The Dhow cruise is fantastic, included in the rate