Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge
Located on an ancient elephant route on the Mluwati River in a private concession within the Kruger National Park, this unique lodge boasts a breath-taking blend of ethnic luxury encompassing both warmth and style.
About the Lodge
The lodge is steeped in modern day comfort and blends into the surrounding bush perfectly. The opportunity to immerse yourself into some of the rich culture of the Shangaan heritage and traditions will ensure an unforgettable safari experience. The luxury air conditioned ‘beehive’ suites, with earth coloured walls, king size beds, en-suite bathrooms, outdoor showers and private game viewing decks are charmingly decorated with African fabrics, décor and object d’art that are sourced from the local Tsonga community.
Designer menus offer a traditional taste delicately balanced with European flair. Activities include open vehicle safaris, guided bush walks and Nomadic African Spa treatments.
Guests are accommodated in six circular air-conditioned suites with traditional brightly earth-coloured walls, tapered thatched roofs and folding glass doors that allow one to fully experience the wilderness.
Tsonga tradition runs throughout these comfortable suites; the warm glow of brightly coloured walls, traditional ornaments and little embellishments on lamps, door handles and mirrors bringing this local culture to life.
Relax on your private deck looking out on to the bush, take a long, leisurely shower in the open air or melt in to your comfortable king-size bed for an afternoon siesta. It’s your relaxing, informal bush experience on your terms.
- Accommodation in Suite
- 3 meals per day
- Selected alcoholic beverages available between 12h and 22h only
- 2 game drives daily
- Premium brand beverages
- Gate entrance fees: R 121 per person, per stay, which are payable upon entrance to Kruger National Park. Subject to change.
- Curio-shop purchases
- Telephone calls
- Travel until 31 January 2021
- Advertised rate is not applicable during the Peak season (from 23 December 2021 to 03 January 2022). For stays between those dates, special rate of R3,830 per person, per night
- Please note there is no cellphone reception at the lodge
- It is possible to book the lodge for exclusive use
WHY WE LIKE IT
- A private concession within the Kruger National Park comprising three lodges, Mluwati Concession was born out of a spirit of ensuring the future sustainability of the national park.
- Relax on your private deck looking out on to the bush, take a long, leisurely shower in the open air or melt in to your comfortable king-size bed for an afternoon siesta. It’s your relaxing, informal bush experience on your terms.
- Homemade baked goods, light salads and local specialties such as beetroot salad and ostrich steak are served in relaxed surroundings; the sounds of the bush providing all the accompaniment you need for a memorable dining experience.
- After a rewarding evening’s safari, warm yourself around Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge’s open-air fire and enjoy a magical three-course dinner under the stars. Good wine and good conversation flow while you listen to the enchanting sounds of the surrounding bush coming alive at night.
No, but massages can be organised