Karongwe River Lodge
Karongwe River Lodge is an amazing retreat for those who love to wander in the wild jungles and explore the thrilling game. Nestled in the heart of the 9000-hectare Karongwe Game Reserve in Limpopo, it is ideal for a luxury bushveld getaway.
From R6 760 pp/night
About the Lodge
Settle in at your leisure in one of the 11 spacious and air-conditioned suites, with en-suite bathrooms.
River Lodge offers guests a choice of 5 Luxury, 2 Family and 2 Executive Suites, with the 2 Presidential Suites enjoying their own private plunge pools.
At Karongwe River Lodge, a delicious food experience awaits you. Dining under the stars has never been so romantic as you enjoy our Pan African cuisine in a rustic outside Boma or, on alternate evenings, in the beautifully appointed dining room. To compliment your meal, choose from the extensive selection of top South African and imported beers and wine, together with a variety of spirits and soft drinks.
Spend the afternoon relaxing beside the pool or watching the game from your private deck before being whisked away on a late afternoon safari in an open game drive vehicle.
The enchanting view over the Makhutsi River is a natural treasure providing insight into the secret river life. The spacious lounge area leading onto a vast deck allows for endless opportunity to view elephant, as well as grazing antelope.
- Accommodation in Luxury suite
- All meals, teas, coffees and snack
- Two daily safaris in open Land Rovers
- One drink per person on afternoon safaris with a choice of local beer, wine or soft drink
- Reserve entrance fee of R195 per person, per night (subject to change)
- Airport and road transfers, including chartered flights landing at Hoedspruit Civil Air Base.
- Spa Treatments
- Additional activities
- Curio Shop Purchases
- Telephone expenses
- Valid for travel until 31 December 2022
- Limited cell phone reception
- Mosquito Nets available in rooms
WHY WE LIKE IT
- Small, unique and intimate lodge nestled in African bush with peaceful & tranquil beauty.
- The lodge is set on the River Bed of The Makutsi River and in the beautiful Drakensberg escarpment, with close access to the Greater Kruger National Park.
- Complimentary Little Paws Program to keep little ones entertained and thrilled with the experience of Africa.
- Karongwe Game Reserve is situated in a Low Malaria Area.
Karongwe Private Game Reserve, Greater Kruger, Limpopo, South Africa
Children of all ages are welcome at the Karongwe River Lodge